When the Phone Goes Quiet

For months during my story, I didn't have a phone. No calls, no texts, no way to reach out and no way for anyone to reach me.

That kind of silence teaches you something. You learn how much you leaned on other people's voices. And you learn how to be your own voice when there's nobody else.

I talked to myself a lot in those months. Some of it was rough. But some of it was the start of me becoming my own encourager instead of my own worst critic.

Strength sometimes means being the person who tells you to keep going when nobody else is around to say it. I write about those quiet months in UNLOCKED, and how they changed the way I talk to myself to this day.

Read UNLOCKED, $9.99

Keep going. David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to UNLOCKED

Kindness Is a Quiet Kind of Rescue

Showing Up When Nobody Knows