Showing Up When Nobody Knows

During the hardest part of my story, I was working a fast food job. I put on the uniform, took the orders, smiled at customers, and then went back to having no home at the end of the shift.

People ask me how I did it. Honestly, I didn't feel strong. I just kept showing up because showing up was the one thing I could still control.

There is a kind of strength in routine. When everything else falls apart, the simple act of being where you said you'd be keeps a piece of you standing.

In UNLOCKED I write about what it was like to carry that weight behind a counter. If you are holding it together at work while your life is coming apart, you are stronger than you know. Keep showing up. It counts.

Read UNLOCKED, $9.99

Keep going. David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to UNLOCKED

Kindness Is a Quiet Kind of Rescue