The Key Was Always in My Hand
The title of my book came from a simple thought that took me a long time to believe: the key I kept looking for was already in my hands.
For a long time I waited for someone to come unlock things for me. A person, a job, a lucky break. I thought my life would start once somebody else opened the door.
What I learned in that year without a home is that some doors only open from the inside. Nobody could do my healing for me. Nobody could choose my next step for me. That was scary to accept, and it was also the most freeing thing I ever figured out.
UNLOCKED is the story of how I found that key. I won't tell you all of it here. But I will tell you this: if you are waiting on someone to rescue you, check your own hands first. You might be holding more than you think.
Keep going. David
Comments
Post a Comment